I am an editor of Sunday school curriculum by day (superhero by night, aka, Captain Platypus), so I work on lessons pretty much daily. Today I worked on a lesson about technology. I looked at a lesson that was written about the same topic in 2005. I was shocked to see the difference. Much of the old lesson was unusable. It opened my eyes to the speed of technological change we are experiencing.
- The old lesson barely referenced cell phones. They were an afterthought
- Radio was repeatedly mentioned.
- Obviously no tablets were referenced.
- It touted flat-screen televisions as a new thing.
- There was not one single use of the phrase “social media”.
- The only reference to online communication was through email, IM, and chat capabilities.
- Texting was never mentioned. Read the rest of this entry